You like to have everything under control. You have a calendar where you record the activities of each day, manage your tasks in an agenda, make lists with everything you want to take every time you make a trip, write down all the expenses of the house to control the finances, and follow up What you eat, the sport you do and the hours you sleep.
Although to many this will sound to them total freak control, many others can totally identify with that image. To a greater or lesser extent, we like to make lists, take agendas, write down things (either online, in an app or on paper), in short, to organize your life a little better. And look where, a program that can help you with it, even if it does not seem so at first sight, is Excel.
Excel in a program that does not leave anyone indifferent : either love it, or hate it. It is usually synonymous with work (who has not had to fill in countless Excel sheets at the request of his boss?), But also has a wide repertoire of tools and functions with which the most experts can do real wonders.
But in addition to its more standard uses, the flexibility of Excel allows you to use it for many other things, thanks to the use of templates. With them you can do precisely what I mentioned at the beginning of the article: manage everything from your daily tasks to the duties of children, going through all sorts of lists, agendas, planners and follow-up sheets.
This whole range of possibilities has its origin in Vertex42, an impressive collection of Excel templates that allows you to take advantage of this program in every imaginable way. Whether you want a simple calendar to print and have it visible on the desktop, or if you need a budget sheet to organize a wedding, this web has practically everything you look for. And here we have made a selection of the ones we have found most useful.
Of course, two things to keep in mind: first, that the templates are all in English(although they are fully customizable; And second, that although you can download for free, most are only for personal use.
Calendars and schedules
- Class schedule: A very simple but very useful weekly class schedule, with which you will not miss even a class time and you can take advantage of the time better . It is also available in printable PDF format, in case you prefer to fill it by hand.
- Generic timetable: Do not go to class, or do you just prefer a more generic schedule that you can adapt to your needs? Try this weekly template, perfect for keeping your days organized (morning, afternoon and evening shifts), and even works with Google Sheets.
- Schedule cleaning tasks: If you are several at home, the most logical thing is to clean it all, and this template can be a great help for it. In it you can organize the distribution of cleaning tasks for a month, every day of the week, deciding who cleans what. Download it, personalize it and hang it with magnets in your fridge.
- Homework schedule for children: Speaking of cleanliness, you should alsoinvolve children in it! With tasks appropriate to their age, of course, so that they are taking habits like picking up their room, help put or remove the table, or do not leave the dirty clothes lying around. This template is perfect for that.
- Calendars of various types: If you are looking for a simple calendar (maybe to print it and have it handy), in this section you will find a little bit of everything: blank calendars to fill in by hand, calendars that you can decorate with a photo, birthday calendars, ovulation, Weekly, monthly, yearly …
Agendas and planners
- Menu planner: If you are worried about your diet and want to start eating better, one way is to better organize your meals, controlling what you eat each day and how you give away protein, hydrates, fruits, vegetables, and more. This template to plan your meals of the week will surely help you.
- Daily agenda: For those who have a good habit of noting the tasks of the day as soon as they start the day (or even the day before, at night) this template will come to them that they will not be painted. In it you can organize your whole day: tasks, meetings, calls, things you can not forget …
- Weekly schedule: Do you prefer to have the whole week in sight, to organize yourself better? This weekly version of the daily agenda makes it easy. Like the previous one, but with seven days to have it all controlled.
- Agenda of duties: A template that can help younger people to be a bit more organized with homework. It allows to make a list of the assigned tasks of each subject, as well as to distribute them in a calendar so that each has its moment.
- Family planner: This template combines a little of everything (meal plan, household chores, shopping list, to-do list …) on a single sheet, to organize life in your house easily. You have it also available in PDF format, for printing and filling by hand.
Calculators and budgets
- Family budget: A complete template with which to manage in detail thefinancial movements of the family . It allows to make a budget for the whole year and to control exactly the balance between income and expenses. It is not a template and requires being familiar with Excel, but it is the most complete in this section.
- Monthly budget for home: Although this template is used for the same as the previous one, the difference is that the budget is monthly, and includes a lot of detailed expense categories.
- Personal budget: But if you are looking to control finances on a personal level , then this is your template. Customize the categories and track your income and expenses easily throughout the year. Would you rather go more detail? Use the monthly template to keep your finances under control month to month.
- Annual budget calculator: This calculator combines functions of the family budget templates and monthly budget . With it you can create and manage a monthly budget, all in a single Excel sheet. It allows you to customize categories, plan irregular expenses, and make predictions that can help you make decisions.
Task and control lists
- To-do list with priority: A simple template to create task lists organized by priority . You also have it in two-column design (vertical orientation) or three columns (landscape orientation), and available in PDF format for printing and filling by hand.
- Weekly To Do List: Sometimes it is well to review the pending tasks for the whole week, and thus have everything better organized for the next few days. This template is perfect for that, with separate task lists for each day. They are also available in PDF format.
- Task list with date: The most important of your tasks is the date they should be completed? Then use this template, which gives you just that point: the deadline for each task.
- To-do list for the family: Here, nobody is without fault! The whole family can take a more organized control of their tasks in this unique template for all, with a different section for each member of the family. And who says family says flatmates, for example.
- Ready to pack: Are you going to travel With this template you make sure toput everything you need into the suitcase . It is available in three versions, for luggage for a holiday, business trip or when you go to college – but you can also personalize it for whatever you need.
- Moving list: A move is a tired and stressful process that we all spend at some point in our lives. Make it a little easier (or at least more organized) with this template.
- Ready for thorough cleaning: If you are one of those who does a thorough house cleaning at least once a year, take note of this template for when that time comes. With it you will be sure to not leave a single corner without review!
- Ready to organize a wedding: Are you getting married soon? !! Congratulations!! Of course, be patient because organizing a wedding is usually quite complex. Arm yourself with patience and this template, with which you will have all the details (dress, invitations, decoration, photographer …) under control.
- Ready for the arrival of a baby: The birth of a child is another one of those exciting and stressful moments at the same time. Do you want to make sure you have everything ready for when you return home from the hospital with the little one in your arms? Download this template and start organizing everything.
Health and sport
- Food Journal: The first step in starting to lose weight is to control exactly what you eat , in order to better distribute the intake of calories, proteins and hydrates. And although today there are many apps that allow you to do it from the mobile, if you prefer to use Excel this is your template.
- Exercise table: As with food, exercise tracking can also be done through mobile apps. But if yours is Excel, who prevents you from using it also for this? With this template you can take note of your complete fitness plan . It can also be useful if you are a monitor in a gym and want to share them among your students.
- Weight loss chart: The combination of exercise and food control comes with weight loss . And thanks to this template you can have it totally under control, week by week, with possibility to mark you a target and graphs based on your numbers.