This weekend I was facilitating a workshop to transform bad emotional habits. It was another full of discoveries and changes for all experience.
People without exception have concerns about how to channel their anger, their anger, disappointment, and accumulate a lot of suffering for not knowing how. We need to harmonize what we think, what we feel, but especially as we express. In addition, what is our most common mistake?
Did you know that every thought and emotion that goes through your mind immediately creates a biochemical reality in your body?
Yes, our body tells us. Not only that, science has discovered that constructive ideas and positive emotions are associated with a mixture of different neuropeptides and hormones that generate stress, fear or anger.
One thing is clear: this whole body energy flow needs to leave the body one way or another. However, how often is this?
Workshop attendees showed a kind of resignation, frustration and bad habits associated to these negative emotions that eventually were resigned to live.
However, can you get to live with that? What kind of life can be? How can we receive these negative emotional states in a healthy way?
According to the health educator, when you are swimming in a sea of endorphins, testosterone and estrogen can use that energy in different ways. You can become addicted to stress, food, snuff, sex, drugs, etc. you might want to attack your partner, your friends or your loved ones, or you can use all that energy to motivate yourself to change and love you more.
Ideas to achieve this:
- Start an activity that spans relaxation. These spaces for reflection intentioned will help to realize that we have a body that speaks and who has needs of oneself or others.
- Transform that energy so powerful stories, poetry, music … Not everyone has that ability but whether writing, painting or other creative forms yours will help you channel this need for inner expression.
- Learn more about yourself. In the oracle of Delphi, it reads something as if “know yourself and understand the world …” Take your negative energy as an alarm to listen and learn through experience. If your partner is gone with your best friend you can whine and lash out or you can ask yourself: what did I do on a subconscious level to trigger this event ?, what ?, I did not see what positive outcome can be for me to that situation?
Emotions are not positive or negative, it is our attitude and how we handle leading to either outcome in our lives.
- Move, as most of our negative emotions are inter connected with an event in our past and one of the best ways to process, release and heal this stagnant energy in us is to get moving.
Move your body! I do not mean just to exercise. I mean to express your emotions, to help that energy out… Anything will serve, whether dancing, swimming, singing, and talking with friends…
This mental and physical fitness can activate your immune system so you can digest the bad vibes of negative emotions. Put that negative emotion in motion and become positive.
- Love yourself… Needless to say there is a reject component oneself when we live the negativity of our emotions. The action viewed with compassion and love for oneself, can work wonders in our lives and help us to be more compassionate to others. In the end, love each person makes you better and happier.
From all this I witnessing for meetings, courses and workshops as I feel privileged to be able to help find out.
Give your body that provision to be heard and be amazed by everything that can help you!