The bosu is one of the elements that allow to exercise to great intensity the abdominals, because it results an unstable surface that requests in greater measure the contraction of the core muscles. Therefore, today we show different options to strengthen the middle zone working with bosu.
Although we can use bosu as a load, mobilizing it with our legs or hands, the most effective way to use bosu to work the abdomen is to use the same as a support surface.
Thus, we will contract all the abdominal muscles to make a certain movement but at the same time, we will need the effort of our entire middle zone to maintain a posture and gain stability.
We will not only work muscles of the abdomen but also, lumbars and other stabilizers of the body, so in fact, we will obtain a more complete and effective training.
So working with bosu can intensify our training and represent a good resource to innovate the routine, progress with our effort and see results.
Exercises with bosu for your middle zone
To take advantage of this half ball and strengthen the entire middle area of the body with emphasis on abdominal work, we propose the following exercises :
To work oblique :
- Lateral plank on bosu: As we would do on the ground , we can perform this isometric exercise to work straight from the abdomen and oblique supporting the forearm on a bosu or if we encourage more, forearm and feet on this element. Thus, we must keep the body aligned from head to toe by forming a bridge for a few seconds.
- Dynamic side bridge over bosu: same as the previous exercise but adding movement. Thus, we can intensify the work of the obliques if in addition to supporting forearms or hands on the bosu we make the bridge with torsion, with hip movement or with change of support.
- Mountain climber on bosu: they are the classic climbers that we can realize supporting the hands on the bosu and taking alternately, with a jump, the knees to the chest to work obliques.
- Alternate cyclists or obliques: as we would do in soil, we can execute this movement to work the obliques supporting the lower back in the bosu.
In addition to all these movements, we can perform the classic trunk lift on bosu, placing us on the side lying on it.
To work the lower abdomen
- Flutter kicks: Also called flutter of legs, this exercise is usually done on the ground, but we can support the lower back on the bosu, and with the contracted abdomen raise slightly legs and trunk. With the legs we must perform a constant flutter to intensify the abdominal work.
- Alternate leg crossing: As in the previous exercise, we will place the lower back on the bosu, raise the trunk and legs slightly and cross alternately one foot below the other.
To work in the middle area in general
- Plank or horizontal stabilization: it is the classic bridge that we can realize supporting forearm in bosu or forearms and legs. In this way we will add instability to the exercise to intensify the effort of the whole core.
- Vertical stabilization on bosu: standing on a bosu, or kneeling on it and trying to maintain the position without the bosu platform touching the ground, we will activate all the muscles of the middle area of the body.
- Flexoextensiones of legs and trunk: to imitate the exercise we would do in a chair or bench, we can sit on a bosu and from there, extend and flex legs and trunk to work straight greater abdomen, lumbar, oblique and other stabilizing muscles.
As we can see, using bosu as an unstable support surface (placing the semicircle on the ground), we will perform an intense and complete training of the entire middle area of the body.
Do you dare to try these exercises?