Let’s talk about the types of anxiety and how to treat because it is a problem that affects many people. The anxiety is a normal human emotion that we all experience ever, especially when people are faced with a problem or before an important decision, and can cause discomfort that interferes with a person ‘s ability to lead a normal life.
An anxiety disorder is a serious mental illness, where the worry and fear are constant and overwhelming, but could be overwhelming.
Although the symptoms of anxiety disorder vary depending on the type, the general symptoms include:
– Feelings of panic, fear and restlessness.
– Obsessive thoughts uncontrollable.
– Inability to stand still and calm
– repetitive thoughts or memories of traumatic experiences.
– Ritualistic behaviors, such as washing hands repeatedly
– Problems with sleep.
– Hands and / or cold or sweating and numbness and tingling in the same feet.
– Difficulty breathing.
– Dry mouth.
– Muscle tension.
Types of anxiety
There are many types of anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorder, phobias, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, PTSD and social anxiety disorder.
Generalized anxiety disorder
With this disorder there is excessive worry and frequent and constant nervous tension .
Are intense fears of an object or situation , such as snakes, heights, closed places … .etc, where the level of fear is inappropriate for the situation.
Social anxiety disorder or social phobia
This disorder involves an overwhelming concern everyday social situations , which focuses on a fear of being judged by others.
People with this disorder have feelings of terror that strike suddenly and repeatedly with no warning, with symptoms such as sweating, chest pain, palpitations , and a feeling of suffocation .
Obsessive – compulsive disorder
People who have it are affected by constant thoughts or fears that cause certain rituals or routines are performed; disturbing thoughts are called obsessions and rituals are called compulsions such as hand washing.
It is a condition that can develop after a traumatic event and / or terrifying , like a sexual or physical assault, unexpected death of a loved one, or natural disaster, which produces them frightening thoughts and lasting memories, and the event and feel emotionally numb.
Although the treatment of anxiety dependent disorder, one or more of the following therapies can be used for most anxiety disorders:
– Medications such as antidepressants and anxiolytics.
– Relaxation therapy.
– Psychotherapy, where mental health professionals help people talking through strategies for understanding and treating the disorder.
– Cognitive behavioral therapy, which helps the person to recognize and change thought patterns and behaviors.
– Changes in diet and lifestyle.